By Rachel Owen, Communications Manager
Looking for new and different inspiration for your associations? Check out a TED Talk.
If you haven’t heard of them yet, TED Talks are Technology, Entertainment, and Design presentations under the concept of “Ideas Worth Spreading.” (More on TED Talks here.)
Most of the Talks are about 20min long, which is the perfect length to view over lunch and refresh your mind for the rest of the day.
While TED Talks aren’t specifically about associations we think the concepts can provide inspiration for any organization.
8 Ted Talks to Inspire Associations
- Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
- Sherry Turkle: Connected, but alone?
- Melinda Gates: What nonprofits can learn from Coca-Cola
- Michael Porter: Why business can be good at solving social problems
- Roselinde Torres: What it takes to be a great leader
- Beth Kanter: Doing Good Online
- Steven Johnson: Where Good Ideas Come From
- Clay Shirky: Institutions vs. collaboration
What are your favorite TED Talks? Let us know in the comment section below.