In this new feature, we ask our team members some quick, fun questions to show a little spotlight on the staff that makes IMI great.
Whitney Thweatt, CAE
My favorite aspect of association management is:
Working with volunteers. It always amazes me how the board and committee chairs are able to commit so much time and effort to the association while also fulfilling their demanding day jobs.
On my desk right now:
- Association Law Handbook
- latest version of the strategic plan
- photos of my husband, dogs, nephew and niece
- ASAE’s Associations Now issues
My favorite blogs:
My media mix:
What I’m reading:
- Pirate by Ted Bell (for pleasure)
- The Will to Govern Well by Glenn Tecker, Paul Meyer, Leigh Wintz and Bud Crouch (for work)
What I do when not at work:
You can find me at Boho Cycle Studio most mornings before work. In the evenings I like to try out new recipes or a local Richmond restaurant.
If I weren’t in association management, I’d:
Own a casual restaurant on the beach, specializing in tacos and craft beer.